SB103 Wavy Mug in ready to paint, Soft-Fired, Cone 04, Stoneware Bisque.
5.5 W x 4.25 H
This item is unpainted.
You are purchasing an unfinished, Ready to Paint, Piece of Ceramic Pottery
- SB-103 Wavy Mug
- SW-128 Cordovan
- SW-131 Birch
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SW-128 Cordovan to the inside and outside of the mug. Brush in a circular pattern around the mug.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SW-131 Birch to the outside of the mug and the handle of the mug, Again it is important that the glaze is brushed evenly around the mug in a circular direction.
- With a damp sponge, wipe off any excess glaze off the foot of the mug.
- Place on a high-fired kiln washed kiln shelf.
- Do Not Stilt and make sure the mug handle is not hanging over the kiln shelf.
- Fire to shelf cone 5/6.