Everyday Low Price
MB1307 Handled Platter in Ceramic Cone 04 Bisque By Mayco Bisque
All of our bisque is fired to a cone 04 and is ready to paint.
11.75 L x 10.5 W
This item is unpainted.
You are purchasing an unfinished, Ready to Paint, Piece of Ceramic Pottery
- MB-1307 - Handled Platter
- FN-008 - Brown
- SC-75 - Orange-A-Peel
- EL-125 - Sahara Sands
- EL-126 - Coral Reef
- EL-128 - Wheat
- EL-130 - Sea Green
- AC-525 - Brush Cleaner
- AC-230 - Clay Carbon Paper
- AC-302 Wax Resist
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 - #10/0 Liner
- RB-144 - #4 Reflections Soft Fan
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-008 Brown to the front of the piece. Apply 3 coats to the back of the piece. Allow to dry.
- Transfer the design onto the piece using AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper and a pencil.
- Condition a CB-110 #10/0 Liner by: dampen the brush in water and squeeze out any excess water. Load the brush with AC-525 Brush Cleaner then squeeze between a paper towel.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, apply 1 fine heavy coat of AC-302 Wax Resist to the lines of the pattern. The width of the brush is the perfect width of line for the wax. Keep the lines even and make sure they attach to the other lines of the design. Don’t leave any spaces in the lines of the design. Allow to dry. Wash the brush with warm water.
- Apply 3 coats of the following glazes to the design using a brush sized for the area. To the leaves and flowers use CB-106 #6 Script Liner. For the background areas use RB-144 #4 Soft Fan and CB-106 #6 Script Liner. EL-126 Coral Reef to the centers of the flowers. EL-128 Wheat to the petals of the flowers. Start the color from the outside tip of the petal and bring the color towards the centers. EL-130 Sea Green to the leaves.
- EL-125 Sahara Sands to the background of the piece. Do not paint the back of the tray.
- Thin some SC-75 Orange-A-Peel and paint a thin coat over the centers of the flowers using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.