SB120 Latte Cup in ready to paint, Soft-Fired, Cone 04, Stoneware Bisque.
All of our bisque is fired to a cone 04 and is ready to paint.
6 T x 5.25 W
This item is unpainted.
You are purchasing an unfinished, Ready to Paint, Piece of Ceramic Pottery
- SB-120 Latte Cup
- UG-46 Bright Yellow
- UG-204 Orange
- UG-206 Fire Engine Red
- SG-401 Black
- SW-001 Clear
- SW-111 Wrought Iron
- SC-88 Tu Tu Tango
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- DSS-0119 Dragons
- Palette Knife
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush 3 coats of SW-111 Wrought Iron to the inside of the mug in a circular direction.
- On a palette, with a palette knife, thicken SG-401 Black with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter. If the mixture is too thin, add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if it is too thick, add more SG-401 Black. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick of a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give blank areas.
- Position the screen, shiny side down on the mug. Align the dragon from DSS-0119 Dragons screen in the desired area. Using your finger, rub the thickened SG-401 Black over the dragon, lifting a corner to check if you are applying enought color. Make sure to get all sections of the dragon.
- How to use AC-310 Silkscreen Medium Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXnf9TYeJN0
- Remove the screen and rinse to clean. Lay flat to dry.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, brush 2 coats of the Underglaze colors over the sections of the fire and dragon. Fade the UG-206 Fire Engine Red to UG-204 Orange on the body. Lighten the UG-204 Orange with UG-46 Bright Yellow on the body section closest to the flames.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, brush the flames with 2 coats of UG-46 Bright Yellow, shading with UG-204 Orange.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, brush the rim edge of the mug with 2 coats of SC-88 Tu Tu Tango.
- When dry, using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush the mug with 3 coats of SW-001 Clear.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan and CB-106 #6 Script Liner, brush the handle with 3 coats of SW-111 Wrought Iron.
- Clean the glaze from the bottom of the mug.
- Fire to cone 6.