Pure Brilliance Clear Dipping Glaze - 3 Gallons
- Brand: Duncan-2
- Product Code: PB Clear D-3 Gallon
- Availability: In Stock
PB Clear - Pure Brilliance Clear Dipping Glaze - 3 Gallons Container by Duncan Colors
Join us in being socially and environmentally responsible and moving our industry toward a world safe for our children and future generations. Duncan® now offers Pure Brilliance® - the first-ever high-performance, nontoxic clear glaze. Choose Pure Brilliance® for a clear glaze that is forgiving and has a fast and stable dry time, all while giving your piece a brilliant shine! Pure Brilliance® also enhances underglaze colors, is craze resistant and most importantly, is super easy to use. Simply put, Pure Brilliance® does it all!
How to use Duncan® Pure Brilliance® Clear Glaze
Pure Brilliance™ brush-on glaze
1. Mix well.
2. Apply 2 coats to shelf cone 04 bisque.
3. Fire to shelf cone 06. Water cleanup.
1. Initially mix with electric mixer for no more than 2 minutes. A stainless steel wire whisk can be used to stir glaze periodically.
2. Submerge a TL 497 Viscosity Cup into tank and fill with glaze. As you lift cup from glaze, begin timing. Stop timing when stream of glaze begins to break. A range of 19-24 seconds is normal. Add small amounts of water as needed. (4 oz at a time)
3. Hold ware with hands or dipping tongs. If using hands, wear protective gloves. As you remove ware shake away any drips or runs. Do not finger sand to prevent airborne dust.
4. If necessary on larger piece, dip unglazed portion, slightly overlapping glazed area for full coverage. Let dry.
5. Use a SB 807 Fan Glaze Brush to touch up any missed areas after ware dries. Use a TL 420 Palette Knife to shave off drips or runs to prevent airborne dust.
6. Set ware securely on clean, sharp kiln stilts in kiln. Fire to shelf cone 06.