SB104 Rimmed Salad Plate in ready to paint, Soft-Fired, Cone 04, Stoneware Bisque.
This item is unpainted.
You are purchasing an unfinished, Ready to Paint, Piece of Ceramic Pottery
- SB-104 Rimmed Salad Plate
- SG-404 Blue
SW-137 Storm Gray
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge,
AC-310 Silkscreen Medium,
CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Palette, Palette Knife, Permanent Marker, Scissors
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- On a palette, with a palette knife, thicken SG-404 Blue with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter.
- Using a marker, trace around the Sea Dragon image from DSS-0115 Dragons Screen. The Sea Dragon is the dragon with an arrow as a tongue and swirly tail. Once outlined, cut around your line.
- Place the screen “shinny” side down on your plate. With one hand, hold the screen down and with your other hand, pick up some of the paste with your finger. Rub the paste over the tail part of the Sea Dragon screen with medium pressure. Do not go over the entire screen. *I screened and layered parts of the dragon on top of each other to create a pattern.
- Pull the screen up and you will have a detailed image.
- Lay the screen down again and screen the tail again on a different part of the plate.
- You can use the screen 2 times before you need to clean the screen and allow it to dry.
- Once the screen is clean, you can start layering and putting dragon parts together. When layering the screens, you want to make sure you don’t screen over top of already screened images. It will cause the detail to muddy.
- Keep cleaning and layering the dragon parts onto the plate until you get a pattern you like.
- In the spaces where there are no dragon parts, use SG-403 Red to make dots.
- Once the Designer Liner is dry, with CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SW-137 Storm Gray to the front of the plate.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 4 coats of SW-137 Storm Gray to the back of the plate, all except the foot of the plate.
- Let dry and fire to cone 6.