Square Plate Technique - C
- Brand: Mayco Bisque By the Each
- Product Code: MB0890-Technique-C
- Availability: In Stock
Square Plate Technique by Mayco
- Square Plate
- FN-019 Dark Blue
FN-212 Blue Diamond
FN-213 Saffire Blue
SC-16 Cotton Tail
SC-34 Down To Earth
SC-73 Candy Apple Red
SC-74 Hot Tamale
SG-401 Designer Liner
SG-302 Snowfall Decorating Accessories
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner
CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
AC-222 Medium Writer Tip
AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- Download: Pattern for Technique
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-212 Blue Diamond to the top of the plate, brushing in different directions to avoid getting streaks. Allow to dry.
- With a pencil and AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, trace on the pattern.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of FN-213 Saffire Blue on the right side of the Cardinal, and some on the right side of the plate for a shadow.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2-3 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the cardinal and the berries, and apply some berries with SC-73 Candy Apple Red for separation.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, float some SC-16 Cotton Tail to the lower section of the berries for a highlight.
- Use SG-401 Designer Liner to outline the tree branches then apply near or on the line with SC-34 Down to Earth.
- Pour some of SG-302 Snowfall into the AC-222 Medium Writer Tip, use the metal tip to apply snow in the crooks of the branches and to make small dots for a snowing effect.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, apply SC-15 Tuxedo on the cardinal for the markings and to outline the wings, and beak.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-019 Dark Blue to the back of the plate. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.