SB111 Handled Bowl in ready to paint, Soft-Fired, Cone 04, Stoneware Bisque.
8 W x 4 H x 6 D
This item is unpainted.
You are purchasing an unfinished, Ready to Paint, Piece of Ceramic Pottery
Hand Glazed Bowl Combo
- SB-111 Handled Bowl
- SW-106 Alabaster
- SW-125 Purple Mint
- SW-127 Olivine
- SW-128 Cordovan
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponges
- Slip Trailer (Xiem Studio Tools)
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Load a slip trailer with SW-128 Cordovan.
- On the inside edge of the bowl, make fat inverted loops with a slip trailer, two rows, it will be necessary to rest the bowl on an angle so the loop will keep its shape till the glaze is set. Apply 2 coats. Allow to dry
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SW-127 Olivine to the entire piece. Allow for your glaze to fully dry in between each coat.
- When the glaze is dry, apply 2 coats of SW-106 Alabaster to the entire piece. Recede the second coat on the outside of the bowl.
- After applying the 2nd coat of SW-106, and while the glaze is still wet, apply 1 coat of SW-125 Purple Mint to the entire piece. Recede from the bottom of the bowl for this coat.
- With a damp sponge, wipe off any excess glaze off the foot of bowl.
- Place un-stilted, on a high-fired, kiln washed kiln shelf.
- Fire to shelf cone 5/6.