Yellow Designer Liner - 1.25oz - Super Deal
- Brand: Mayco Colors
- Product Code: SG-407-1.25oz
- Availability: In Stock
SG-407 Yellow Designer Liner (1.25 oz metal tip squeeze writer Bottle) by Mayco Colors
Make your Mark with Designer Liner
Designer Liner is clay based and heavily pigmented. Use this versatile product to create fine detail with lines, dots, and letters. The metal writer tip allows for ultimate control to draw ultra-fine or bold lines, typography and intricate illustrations. Designer Liner is best when used under non-moving transparent or semi-transparent glazes. Fires cone 06 - cone 6. Certified AP Non-toxic and Food Safe. Available in a variety of essential colors.
- Remove the white cap then gently puncture plastic tip with the metal writer tip.
- After placing the metal tip onto the bottle cap, push the included pin through the small zip top bag and seal (this makes it easier to keep track of the pin).
- Keep the pin in the metal writer tip when not in use.
- Designer Liner is clay based. As such, it is the nature to dry quickly which can promote clogging in the narrow passages of the metal and or plastic tips.
- Clear or transparent glazing is necessary for gloss finish. Designer Liner will fire matte when no glaze is applied over top.
- Design work could be distorted when applied on top of glazes that have a tendency to move.
- Wipe tip periodically on a damp sponge to keep clean.
- Keep the metal pin to unclog the tip and keep the metal writer tip free from debris.
- If Designer Liner begins to dry in the bottle you can add a few drops of water to reconstitute Designer Liner. Stir and test for proper viscosity. Add water in small amounts to avoid over-thinning the Designer Liner.
- Place some Designer Liner on a tile and use a CB-110 #10/0 Liner Brush for extra fine outlining or detailing.
- Designer Liner is not a dimensional product. If applied too thick or heavy, Designer Liner will crack and possibly pop off.
Works Great at Low-Fire and Mid-Range!
Designer Liner enables the artist to achieve crisp, non-moving line work at cone 06-6 temperatures. To ensure sharpness in line quality, use a non-moving translucent or clear glaze over the top of Designer Liner. Fires to a matte finish without a glaze over the top.
Great for writing
Helpful Hints & Experienced Advice:
Does not need to be stirred.
Quick dry time.
Fires to a matte finish.
Use a clear or transparent glaze over or under DL to fire to a gloss finish.
Non toxic and Food safe.
May not be suited for dinner ware due to surface characteristics.
Can be used with a script liner brush for thinner, more detailed lines.
If applied too thick, DL may chip off or separate during the glaze firing.
Metal writer tip may clog due to drying. Use included needle to clear the pathways when necessary.